Fast Facts About Vaughan
What to know about living in Vaughan.
Population (2020): 323,103
- Toronto, ON: 50 min
- Scarborough, ON: 33 min
- Markham, ON: 25 min
- Toronto Pearson Airport: 27.7 km
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $75,339 CAD
- Household: $103,351 CAD
County: Regional municipality of York
Type of location: city
Why is Vaughan, ON a Nice Place to Live?
Living in Vaughan gives you a suburban feel inside a large city. As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, potential residents flock to the area to experience everything Vaughan has to offer.
Vaughan is the perfect city for families with world-class schools, a low crime rate and plenty of family-friendly activities.
With just a short drive to Toronto, Vaughan provides an easy commute to the plentiful jobs in that area.
The public transportation system provides easy access to all Vaughan has to offer without traffic, including the TTC subway and the GO transit.
What is Vaughan, ON Known For?
Living in Vaughan allows you to embrace a healthy active lifestyle with access to top-notch healthcare and a community focus on health. It provides easy access to outdoor draws such as the Boyd Conservation Area and North Maple Regional Park.
Attractions include the theme park Canada’s Wonderland, Vaughan Mills, LEGOLAND Discovery Centre, Kortright Centre for Conservation, and Reptilia Zoo.
Vaughan is also a cultural hotspot with offerings such as the McMichael Canadian Art Gallery which displays only Canadian art. Residents can experience the rich history of Vaughan by visiting the Black Creek Pioneer Village, an open air heritage museum, or the neighboring King City Settlement.
Those interested in science and technology will marvel at nearby Richmond Hill’s David Dunlap Observatory that is home to Canada’s largest reflector telescope.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Vaughan, ON?
Some of the restaurants you can enjoy while living in Vaughan, ON with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Baton Rouge Steakhouse & Bar, for delectable steakhouse dishes and a full service bar
- La Petit Chef, a unique gourmet experience featuring small plates
- Anna Maria Trattoria, Italian comfort foods such as traditionally prepared pasta & pizza served amid checked tablecloths
- Chop Steakhouse & Bar, offering an upscale steakhouse experience
- The Keg Steakhouse & Bar, where classic steak & seafood dishes are the mainstays at this stylish yet casual chain restaurant
- Ay Caramba, Eh!, for a vibrant, casual eatery dispensing tacos & burritos with Mexican & Latin American flavors
- Nova Ristorante, for a casual restaurant offering traditional Italian fare, from seafood dishes to wood-fired pizzas
- Grazie Ristorante, for pasta, pizza & other familiar Italian dishes served in a relaxed, vibrant space
- Zizi Trattoria, for an established, contemporary eatery with a patio featuring traditional Italian meals in a warm setting
- That’s Italian Ristorante, a sleek, modern spot offering a range of traditional & contemporary Italian dishes, plus patio seats