Fast Facts About Richmond Hill
What to know about living in Richmond Hill.
Population (2020): 202,022
- Toronto, ON: 44 min
- Vaughan, ON: 12 min
- Markham, ON: 21 min
- Toronto Pearson Airport: 25.3 km
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $42,574 CAD
- Household: $88,353 CAD
County: Regional municipality of York
Type of location: city
Why is Richmond Hill, ON a Nice Place to Live?
Living in Richmond gives you easy access to everything Canada has to offer: entertainment, rich green spaces, culture and family activities. The small town atmosphere is a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of Toronto but still close enough to take part in all that world-class city has to offer.
What is Richmond Hill, ON Known For?
Living in Richmond Hill puts you in good company – as the third most populous municipality in York, it has experienced meteoric growth in recent years. This growth has given birth to one of the most eclectic and diverse areas in Canada with many nationalities benefiting from each other’s unique perspective.
Culture seekers will enjoy the Richmond Hill Heritage Centre that is in a restored 1840s home and the Richmond Hill Centre for Performing Arts.
Outdoor enthusiasts can explore both Mill Pond and Wilcox Lake, both home to fishing, hiking, boating, and other recreational activities. There are also ample golf courses including the Richmond Hill Country Club, and Summit Golf & Country Club.
History buffs can partake in the Museum of the Streets, a self-guided walking tour of Richmond Hill.
Sunset Beach offers many activities for families and individuals alike.
Richmond Hill is also known as the home of Canada’s largest telescope which is located in the David Dunlap Observatory.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Richmond Hill, ON?
Some of the restaurants you can enjoy while living in Richmond Hill, ON with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Sarpa Trattoria, a contemporary eatery with traditional Italian entrees, many wines & a sleek, date-night vibe
- The Keg Steakhouse + Bar, classic steak & seafood dishes are the mainstays at this stylish yet casual chain restaurant
- Scaddabush Italian Kitchen and Bar, for authentic Italian fare
- Touro Brazilian Steak House & Wine, for a posh steakhouse with an extensive wine list
- Tomo Japanese Restaurant, for Japanese fare such as sushi, teriyaki & tempura, plus Korean dishes, served in a casual setting
- Citro Restaurant, a lively eatery with an open kitchen, featuring a modern take on Tuscan cuisine & a long wine list
- Nam Richmond Hill, a warm, eclectic venue offering Vietnamese & Cambodian dishes like stews, banh mi & pho in airy digs
- Adrak Restaurant, for refined Indian cuisine with a contemporary twist presented in a sleek, stylish environment
- El Bocho, for classic Mexican dishes & margaritas are the draw at this down-to-earth, locally owned establishment
- Joe’s Hamburgers, a basic eatery for burgers & Middle Eastern options such as shawarma & falafels, plus fries
To learn more about purchasing a home in Richmond Hill, ON, check out the median home price and inventory or call me at (905) 503-7653 for immediate help.