Fast Facts About King City
What to know about living in King City.
Population (2020): 8,396
- Toronto, ON: 57.2 km
- Vaughan, ON: 8.7 km
- Markham, ON: 40.7 km
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $64,000 CAD
- Household: $194,451 CAD
County: King Township
Type of location: unincorporated community
Why is King City, ON a Nice Place to Live?
Living in King City gives residents the ideal rural surroundings. With many outdoor activities and amenities for all ages, King City is perfect for families. The city is also home to a multitude of bars, restaurants, and parks along the Main Street shopping corridor at Keele Street. Shopping is made easy by being only minutes away from the Vaughan Mills Shopping Centre in Vaughan, the Hillcrest Mall in Richmond Hill and SmartCentres Aurora.
Although predominantly rural, King City has experienced rapid growth in recent years. Most residents own their own homes and the schools are highly rated. The cost of living is low and the housing is affordable.
What is King City, ON Known For?
Living in King City gives you easy access to parks, conservation areas and plenty of other green space, including the Cold Creek Conservation Area, the Thornton Bales Conservation Area and the Goldie Feldman Nature Reserve. Situated on the Oak Ridges Morraine, it’s home to natural beauty that is unparalleled. The Holland River Marsh is one of the most fertile agricultural spaces in the area. There are also numerous kettle lakes and ponds, ideal for fishing and other recreational activities.
King City is also a center of industry with the following major employers: R.B. Somerville, LGL Environmental, Kingbridge Conference Centre and Seneca College.
It also boasts a thriving art scene with the Arts Society King enriching all of the town with arts and culture.
What Are the Best Restaurants in King City, ON?
Some of the restaurants you can enjoy while living in King City, ON with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Locale, quaint restaurant offering traditional Italian fare made from organic & seasonal ingredients
- Paper Crane, a menu including Japanese noodles, rice dishes, tempura & sushi served in a modern setting
- Hogan’s Restaurant, set in an 1851 historic building, this upscale restaurant offers Modern European & Canadian cuisine
- Kingbridge Centre, for a full-service conference and event venue
- The Roost Cafe, for a cozy neighborhood cafe and coffee shop
- Pine Farms Orchard, serving brunch, lunch and desserts
- Dorio’s Kettleby Italian Bakery, for authentic Italian baked goods
- Rockford’s Bar & Grill, tavern with casual dining plus a kids’ menu, sports on big-screen TVs & framed jerseys on the walls
- Hey Paesano Italian Kitchen, for fresh authentic Italian cuisine
- Motorino, for steak, seafood and Southern Italian style dishes
To learn more about purchasing a home in King City, ON, check out the median home price and inventory or call me at (905) 503-7653 for immediate help.