Fast Facts About Aurora, ON
What to know about living in Aurora.
Population (2020): 386,580
- Newmarket, ON: 13 min
- Richmond Hill, ON: 20 min
- Vaughan, ON: 27 min
- Toronto Pearson Airport: 48.4 km
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $31,993 CAD
- Household: $106,708 CAD
County: York County
Type of location: incorporated town
Why is Aurora, ON a Nice Place to Live?
Aurora, ON is a beautiful city that boasts natural beauty and commerce. While living in Aurora, residents enjoy the close proximity to two lakes, shops, restaurants, outdoor activities and entertainment.
Residents love living in Aurora because of its high wages and low cost of living, giving them a standard of living that is second to none.
With its close proximity to Toronto, Aurora residents can enjoy the Royal Ontario Museum, Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada, and the Toronto Zoo. Sports fans can enjoy a game by the Toronto Blue Jays, Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto FC and the Toronto Raptors. There are also 5 golf courses for hours of outdoor fun.
For outdoor enthusiasts, Aurora has over 62 parks within the city including the David Tomlinson Nature Reserve, Sheppard’s Bush Conservation Area, and Great Plains Park.
What is Aurora, ON Known For?
Surrounded by two natural landmarks, Lake Ontario and Lake Simcoe, Aurora is a picturesque town home to natural beauty. As if the two beautiful lakes weren’t enough, the Northern Lights are visible with only a short drive from Aurora.
Aurora’s rich history is showcased in the Northeast Old Aurora Heritage Conservation District.
Living in Aurora also puts you in the epicenter of business. Companies that operate there include Compass Food Sales Co. Ltd., Amazon and the Royal Bank of Canada.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Aurora, ON?
Some of the restaurants in Aurora, ON with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Fishbone Kitchen + Bar, for seafood and Mediterranean dishes
- bijoy’s restaurant, petite, 26-seat dining room serving an eclectic, internationally inspired seasonal menu
- Big Bone BBQ & Wicked Wings, down-to-earth destination offering sauce-soaked slow-smoked ribs, brisket & pulled pork
- Casa Carbone Ristorante, upbeat, contemporary place serving artful Italian dishes & wood-fired pizzas, plus wine & cocktails
- Orchid Thai, relaxed choice with eclectic decor, plating up traditional Thai dishes & tropical cocktails
- State & Main, enjoy a glass of wine or cocktail paired with our seafood entrees
- Aquagrill, relaxed & romantic eatery with meats, seafood, pasta & a seasonal menu that uses local produce
- Shawarma Land, unpretentious counter serve providing shawarma plates, falafel & other familiar Middle Eastern eats
- Mi-Ne Japanese Restaurant, for sushi and traditional Japanese fare
- The Keg Steakhouse + Bar – Aurora, classic steak & seafood dishes are the mainstays at this stylish yet casual chain restaurant
To learn more about purchasing a home in Aurora, ON, check out the median home price and inventory or call me at (905) 503-7653 for immediate help.